Technical Customer Service Engineer – Film Scanner
at dft digital film technology GmbH – Darmstadt
The dft digital film technology GmbH in Darmstadt is the german high-tech manufacturer for digital film scanners - innovative and world-leading products and solutions for the film industry and media archives. For example, our film scanners are used by many well-known customers, such as Warner Brothers, Sony Pictures, Disney Studios or Universal Studios, and have been awarded Emmy and Oscar Awards. Our products are serviced worldwide in regional sales and service offices close to our customers.
About the Role:
You are one of the distinctive voices of our customer care organization. You have the direct connection to our customers, because they know that their technical concerns are in good hands with you. Whether you are using a telephone, e-mail or web, you can take care of the technical questions of our customers and support our on-site service and the installation of all DFT hardware and software systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Contact for all technical and product-related questions of our customers
- Clarify and deal with complex telephone and written customer inquiries and technical fault messages
- Support of customers and partners in technical applications for our products and services
- global in-field service and installation of dft hardware and software systems (on-site)
- Diagnosis and assessment of technical integration questions
- Clarify and solve customer-specific problems and escalate incidents, if necessary on-site world wide
- Creation of service reports of performed work
- document all calls, problems and solutions using provided tracking systems
- Maintain and expand our internal service management systems and our customer care organization
- available as primary or backup resource for on-call 24/7 support
- Support the sales force in the identification of potential customer requests and up-sell services
- Mobility and worldwide travel (30%)
Who you are:
- Several years of experience in the professional video/ audio engineering environment
- Education as electronic/ mechatronic engineer or comparable technical skills
- Good knowledge about Linux, Microsoft, including understanding of IT networks, Fiber Interconnect
- Fluency in English, command of the German language
- Proven ability in fault-finding, analysis and testing, with both hardware and software
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- Standby to 24/7 call support
- Understand and adhere to SLA guidelines (Service-Level-Agreement)
- Very good communication skills
What we offer to you:
Film scanning is in our DNA. You will be working with high-end technology at a company that is market leader. We offer a dynamic environment that allows you to change things and also keeps you in motion. Also you get a profound training period and possibility for continuing education in the german headquarter in Darmstadt.
Are you interested in that offering - please send us your application with the subject “Service Engineer“ to email@example.com. Your contact person is Mr. Paul Giles. If you have any further questions please don´t hesitate to contact us by Email to Paul.Giles@dft-film.com.
We look forward to you!
Your dft team from Darmstadt